10.09.2011

My Craft Spot Design Team Trial Project

Great Sunday to ya all! Kimberly over at My Craft Spot is having a Design Team Call. I would just LOVE to be on her design team. When I first became interested in blogging and paper crafting I would keep up with her, My Pink Stamper and the Cardmonkey. So it would be so awesome to be on her design team! Here is my project that I am submitting.

My very good friend's lil girl is turning 6. She wanted to have a "Lemonade Mouth" party. This is a movie on Disney Channel.

Here are the invitations that I came up with...



The invitation itself is standard yellow cardstock from Walmart. It was cut from Cherry Limeade at 5 1/2". The wording is from the same cart welded in Design Studio and cut at 1". The smaller lemon is from the Cherry Limeade cart and cut at 2". I dressed it up with some black rhinestones, ribbon and buttons all from Walmart. I pop dotted the smaller lemon to make it stand out. Made 40 of these babies. Whew! The back was printed with the party info.


The banner is cut from Doodlecharms and Cherry Limeade. The black and yellow paper are standard Walmart cardstock. The patterned papers are from a paper pack by The Paper Studio called celebrations.



The beginning and ending lemons were cut at 5 1/2".


The black letter blocks were cut to be 7 x 4 1/2, and the corners were rounded with my X-acto corner rounder. The yellow was cut to be 1/2 less all the way around and the corners were rounded. I also embossed with yellow blocks with Cuttlebug Spots and Dots. (Which by the way I used in my Sizzix Texture Boutique and not in a Cuttlebug ;) YAY! Super psyched to learn I could do that!)   


The letters were cut at 5" and blinged with Studio G glitter glue. The toppers were cut to be 7". I blinged them with Stickles and Studio G glitter glue. The buttons came from a mix bag. The twine in them is Braiding Cord (from Walmart).





This card is cut to be 4 x 6". I used an extra party hat topper and a button to accessorize the card. The 6 was cut at 6" and embossed like the yellow blocks.



This is the inside of the card. I stamped it with a red rubber stamp from Big Lots and used Studio G, black ink.

My friend and her daughter were SUPER pleased with all these. I hope you like them. I thought it all turned out wonderfully. The banner was great hanging above the food table at the party.

Recipe Summary
Cricut Carts:  Doodlecharms, Cherry Limeade
Papers: Walmart cardstock, Paper pack from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
Ribbon, buttons and bling: Walmart crafts
Ink:  Studio G
Glitter Glue: Stickles and Studio G
Stamp: Big Lots
Embossing: Texture Boutique using Cuttlebug folder of Spots and Dots
Computer: Desktop, Lexmark printer and Microsoft Word

Wish me luck!!!!

Be Blessed, Beckie

16 comments:

Cely said...

good luck! your projects look great. Lol, I had to google lemonade mouth!

Kim said...

Hi Beckie, I wish you luck with you design team hopes!!! Your project turned out Great!!
~Kim

Michelle said...

This is really cute! Love your banner. I am doing one for Thanksgiving!! :D

hugs,
Michelle

GOOD LUCK TOO!

Kate said...

What a great set! The banner looks fantastic. It's so bright and fun! And how wonderful to have a matching card too!
Good luck with the My Craft Spot Design Team call!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

Best of luck to you...."sweet" project!!

Candy said...

Fabulous projects Becky!
Thanks for following. Come back over and enter my giveaway!
Good luck with the DT call.
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Karen said...

You did such a great job on these invitations and banner! They are so bright and cheerful! I love all the details you put into them. So cute! Good luck with the DT call! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm a new follower of your blog too. :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Karen said...

hi Beckie thanks for coming by my blog your project is so adorable I'm sure it will be a wonderful party. Best of luck to you!

Jovan said...

OMG...this is just ADORABLE! GOOD LUCK!

teachdanz said...

I love what you did!! very creative and good luck too:-)

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Fantastic project! I love all of the fun colors you used! The birthday hats and cupcakes are so cute!

Kimberly
My Craft Spot

Jamie - oohLaLaPaperie said...

Awesome job!! Everything looks great! Good luck with the DT Call!

Jamie
Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

S Glup said...

You did an awesome job on everything...love it...TFS and your sweet comments on my blog were also appreciated;0) I'm a new follower...Good Luck!!
}}}HUGS{{{,
Sheri G

Sherrie K. said...

Great job Beckie! Your banner is super cute amd I love the cupcakes and hats, Great job and Good Luck to you on the DT call!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

girlia said...

Good Luck to you with the DT call. Great job with the party projects.

AmyT said...

Good luck to you. I love these and the movie is cute too.