9.16.2013

Sweet Baby Girl Decorations & Sheep Centerpiece Tutorial

I recently made decorations for the reception of a gorgeous lil baby girl who got dedicated in our church. Her family had a non-traditional reception after church for family, friends and church members.

Here are some of the items that I made. Please bear with me and the pictures...I was in a hurry and the pics sure show it.



I printed some scriptures to be in picture frames to set on the tables. These were 4" x 6".

This is not scripture, but Christian base from a hymn. This was 8" x 10".

This is the banner of the sweet baby's name. I used tulle to string it on.

 

Here is a pennant of the banner. I embossed each pennant with a dotted folder. I used some brass eyelets for the holes to hold the tulle. I used my Cameo to cut the pennants and letters.
 
 
 Here is a short and sweet tutorial on how I made some adorable sheep centerpieces for the tables.
 
First you need about 22 felt, rosettes that are about 1.5" in diameter. These are made from an approximately 4" square of felt.
 

I got these for $0.97 at Walmart. They are glass, candle holders. I use these for the sheep bases. I did first think about using styrofoam balls...however, on a trial with the first ball...it wasn't pretty and so I changed my mind.  
 

I turned the candle holders upside down and began hot gluing the rosettes onto it. I stitched the rosettes with some brown thread...because you wouldn't not see it once assembled.

Here the candle holder is completely covered with rosettes. It takes an approximate 22 rosettes to cover the small (votive) candle holders.

I google a sheep face and printed it out. I cut it close the the print lines, and then I used it as a template to cut the glittery, black felt.

It doesn't look like much just by itself, but on the body......
 

I put a lil pink bow on the sheep's face and hot glued the head to the body.
 

These looked adorable in person and it the reception.
 
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by!!!  

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute lamb!!!! Thanks for the tutorial!

Unknown said...

I mean...Cute Sheep!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Ooh Beckie what an adorable project and so generous of you to share how you did it. Love the rosy sheep and the embossed banner. The letters are divine!!
Do drop by
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

jessica said...

So super adorable Beckie!!! I bet she was so excited to see all these awesome projects!!!!
Thanks for sharing the tutorial too!!!!

Migdalia said...

Awesome projects!!!Love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Donna K said...

What a wonderful way to honor that sweet little lamb! Your projects are just lovely, Beckie. That sheep is AWESOME! thanks for the tutorial and best wishes to the family.

satheysl said...

aaa replica bags FITW replica wholesale handbags EFQX replica designer bags DIQBV

Anonymous said...

additional resources helpful site look at these guys high replica bags Related Site Dior Dolabuy