1.02.2012

Welcome back to Monday with 2 Link-ups for You

Happy 1st Monday of 2012!!!


Time to get back into the swing of things. I'm off to my "paying" job today, but not before I show you 2 new projects and let you in on the challenges I'd love for you to join.







Challenge Me Monday is so much fun...this is Challenge #92: Warming up with Hot Cocoa.
You need to use a cup or chocolate or even the color brown on your project (always include at least 1 cricut cut).

Here is my card....







This is my first step card. My FCCB co-DT member and bloggin' friend Sherrie K is always making these awesome step cards. I wanted to give it a try. So I grabbed a great tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers and voila!




I cut everything from Winter Frolic. I've been just loving this cart for the winter cuts. The mouse is cut at 2 1/2". The cup is cut at 5". The base is Kraftstock. The other papers are from a recollections package and an echo park Dots and Stripes pack. The mini-mellows are some trimming I got from Walmart.





I distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz tool. I wanted to give it that soft look. I cut this cup at the same size, but I just didn't include the layering. I stamped with a sentiment I got in a Hero Arts stamp pack. I did some faux stitching and there ya go.

Now, I think it looks cute, warm and fuzzy. Now...my wonderful MIL would have a heart attack if I were to give this card to her. She has a huge fear of rodents.

My lil princess had a guinea pig....haha....my MIL wouldn't even go in my princess' room. Now...on the other hand...I hate reptiles. LOL.

Enough with my ramblings. I hope you found some inspiration in my card. Please hop on over to FCCB and link-up your crafty creation.






Got another challenge for you to link-up at. It's time for this week's challenge at ME4Y!


This challenge is to make a New Year's card/project anyway you like as long as it has glitter.


This week's sponsor is the talented Liz is offering up some digi's from her shop... Beauty Decade 




Here is my card...






This is a simple top-fold card. I used paper from a Cricut Bday Pack. I cut the stars at 6" from the Making the Grade cart as well as the sentiment from that cart in 1". The "12" is from Don Juan cart and was cut at 2". I put some glitter glue on top of my faux stitching.




This is a pre-bling pic... I wanted to show how I continued on the inside with the Allegro folder embossed paper.



I hope you like my card. Please hop on over to ME4Y and link-up your glittered New Year's project.

Also with the last challenge the winner is now picked with Mr. Random Number Generator.

Whew!!! Who knew I could talk so much...haha...anybody who knows me that's who....ROFL!

Thanks so much for stopping by I so look forward to seeing all the craftiness of the AWESOME friends I have already made....and seeing the craftiness of FUTURE friends. YAY!!!

Remember to check out the ME4Y Out with the Old and In with the New Hop from this weekend. You have until 6:00 pm EST to get registered for the candy. Then stop back by tomorrow when Mr. Random Number Generator chooses a winner.

Be Blessed, Beckie 



22 comments:

Josie0602 said...

Both cards are super cute but I love the coffee one best! Guess the rodents dont scare me!
Tracy

jessica said...

Morning Beckie!!
Both of your cards are great!!! LOVING that coffee card! Fab job my friend!!
TFS :)

Kate said...

What great cards, Beckie! I just love the sweet little mouse with hot cocoa! The little pompoms are adorable!
Happy New Year to you!

Amy said...

Great cards! I just love that stair step- the pom poms are perfect- they look like marshmellows!!! Happy New Year! :)Amy

Cathie Rigby said...

Love both cards Beckie-but the mouse is super cute! Great job on your step card. Cathie
www.creativecutterroom.com

Sherrie K. said...

Beckie your cards are just adorable! I absolutely love your side step card. Wow, that little mouse is the cutest and great doodling on the cup along with the pom pom ribbon-such a FUN card! Great job my friend:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Charlotte said...

Hi Beckie,
Your card is definitely sending out warm fuzzies. This is just an adorablestep card. I love the little mouse getting himself a little cocoa. The colors are so warm and inviting. How clever of you to use the pom pom trim on the card. The little "marshmallows" are so cute!!
Your New Years card is fabulous!! It is so pretty and shiny. It jsut says "PARTY" all over it!!!!
Have a wonderful New Year!
Charlotte

DIANA L. said...

Both cards are super, but I especially iike the HC card. I'm glad I came to look at it. It is a step card and a super job at that.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So cute, love the step card. You made it look so easy. Love the mouse!
Terry

scrapqueen141 said...

Ok, I love both your cards Beckie, but I am in love with your coffee card. I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with my obsession of coffee!! Great work!
http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

Mary J said...

OH wow, these are both FABULOUS! I am in love with your mouse and cocoa card!

Unknown said...

Wow, your coffee card just screams warm & snuggly! Love the mouse:) Love the new year card too, great colors!

Jennie Garcia said...

Your cards are incredibly cute!! I love the cuts!! The trim on the first one is too cute!! Love them!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Doris P. said...

simple fun and ADORABLE!! parkernana5@cox.net

Ellen Jarvis said...

Adorable cards, Beckie!! I love your stepped card best, with all the neat techniques including the faux stitching. Very sweet!

BTW, did you notice that you won the Martha Stewart fringing scissors on my weekend post?! I'll mail them out shortly!!

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

Glenda said...

Pretty cards! Love the side step card- great job with your first one! The mouse is so cute and love the marshmallows!
Glenda

Larelyn said...

I just love the mouse with the hot chocolate. Your paper choices and embellishments are delightful. Great card!!!
Hugs,
Larelyn

Melanie Makes said...

That mouse is so versatile, I just love how you have it putting in a marshmallow in the cup.
Melanie

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Very cute cards Beckie. Love the step card with the little mouse and the "marshmellows." So cute!

Lisa said...

Both cards are fabulous, Beckie!! I love the mouse with hot chocolate and the "marshmallows"!! So creative and fun :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Cindy Beland said...

FANTASTIC job with both of your cards!I LOVE the stepped card with that little mouse,TOO CUT!!:)

Cindy :) said...

hi Beckie, ty for visiting my blog and leaving me some love on my wedding cake in a box, I took your advice and stopped by your blog to check it out and of course leave you some love, even became a follower as well, ty for following me too!
Your cards are awesome, I totally love the first one, wow, that card style is so cool, will have to try it some time. ttyl and tx again glad to meet u :)